Chair of Business Information Systems
Welcome to the website of the Chair of Business Information Systems at the University of Hagen!
In our research, we are engaged into investigating the organizational use of communication and collaboration systems as well as aspects of organizational knowledge management. We thereby particularly deal with the integration of strategies, processes and information systems along with value determination and performance measurement. We develop and evaluate strategies, process models, methods and tools in order to implement information and knowledge management in organizations in a sustainable, integrated and comprehensive manner to increase business performance.
Currently, we focus on the following main areas of research:
- Success of information and knowledge management (systems)
- Use and adoption of social software in organizations
- Success of technology-supported learning and collaboration
- Use of mobile information systems and technologies in organizations
- Adoption and design of the society's and industry's digitization
On our website, you can find information about our team, our teaching offerings (under construction), our research areas/projects and network (under construction), our publications as well as our current news.
We are looking forward to getting in touch with you.
Activities of the chair
European Conference on Information Systems, June 8-14, 2019 in Stockholm and Uppsala, Sweden
Prof. Smolnik Mitausrichter des Tracks „Knowledge Management“